My dear friend Jean at Catholic Fire, has tagged me for the latest meme. She knows I love to play along!
Here's a fun quiz made up especially for bloggers. The rules are easy. Just post the quiz on your blog and answer the questions, then pass it on to five other bloggers, and link to them in your post. Be sure to link back to the one who sent it to you.
1. Do you attend the Traditional Latin Mass or the Novus Ordo?Novus Ordo normally because TLM isn't in my parish, however, I attend the TLM at least once a month.
2. If you attend the TLM, how far do you drive to get there?
Forty five minutes
3. If you had to apply a Catholic label to yourself, what would it be? How about Devout Roman Catholic? I don't know how to answer this one, except to say that I try to live as though Christ and the Church are the most important things in my life. I attend devotions like Eucharistic Adoration once a week, celebrate feast days life (St. Therese today) with my children, and pray the rosary daily. You'd have to ask those who know me if I qualify as devout. Good thing few of you can do that!
4. Are you a comment junkie? I get a lot of satisfaction from receiving comments(lurkers, please take the hint!) and try to leave one behind on each blog I read. Jackie Parkes, the Catholic Mom of 10, is queen of the commenters; I read her encouraging comments everywhere, and look forward to receiving them.
5. Do you go back to read the comments on the blogs you’ve commented on? Sometimes, if it was a particularly contentious or inspiring post. I like blog hosts like haloscan which notify you of responses to your comment.
6. Have you ever left an anonymous comment on another blog? Not since I've become a blogger, which, by the way, was one year ago today.
7. Which blogroll would you most like to be on?
I have several blogs, I would like The Curt Jester to list Causa Nostrae Laetitiae, my social political blog, and Danielle Bean to list Cause of Our Joy my home and family blog. I would like O Night Divine to list my Christmas blog, . . The True Meaning of Christmas, and Mary Meets Dolly to list Dr. Jerome Lejeune Society blog.
8. Which blog is the first one you check? Catholic Fire.
9. Have you met any other bloggers in person? I have met Warren Draper from CHSNA at the IHM Conference, and Dawn Eden at a talk she gave at Faith on Tap last winter. On Long Island, we are blessed with many Catholic bloggers, I am fortunate to know Alice of Cottage Blessings,MacBeth from MacBeth's Opinion, Mary Ellen of Tales from the Bonnie Blue House, Patrick Archbold of Creative Minority Report, Gen-X Revert from A Long Island Catholic, Heather from Doodle Acres, Elizabeth from The Divine Gift of Motherhood, Lorraine from Sr. Marie de Mandat-Grancey, Lissa from The Lilting House(formerly of Long Island, she has now relocated to San Diego, by way of Virginia), and Dennis from In God's Image on Long Island.
10. What are you reading? I am reading, "It Takes a Family" by Sen. Rick Santorum, "Hoodwinked:How Intellectual Hucksters have Hijacked American Culture" by Jack Cashill, Behind the Screen: Hollywood Insiders on Faith, Film, and Culture edited by Barbara Nicolosi and Spencer Lewerenz, The National Catholic Register, Celebrate Life (where I have an article in the current issue) and Canticle magazines, and of course I read my Magnificat.
Bonus Question! Has your site been banned by Spirit of Vatican II? No, it has not, I must be doing something wrong. I am a member of Catholics Against Rudy, however, so I am somewhat banned. If it has, who do you think Father Tim really is? I have no clue.
I tag Mary Ellen, Elizabeth, Gen-X, Newhousenewjob, and Jackie.