Friday, May 25, 2007

Jordin Sparks, the new American Idol, wears a purity ring!

I haven't been watching American Idol this year, but it's been on in the next room so I could monitor my girls who were glued to the TV.
I was touched, however, when I heard that she was asked by the hosts of Fox and Friends this morning what kind of ring was on her left finger, and she answered it's her pledge that True Love Waits, or that she will remain pure for her husband on their wedding night. That is AWESOME!

NOW I'm into American Idol! Good for you, Jordin, please don't let success change your innocence. You are a role model for millions of young people around the world.
You are also a good example for the Democrats in Congress who are de-funding abstinence programs.

They think what you are doing is impossible.
Jordin, you go girl!
UPDATE:
Michelle just informed us that not only is she pro-life, but she was HOMESCHOOLED too! So I did some digging on her past involvements, and look what I've found.
Here's a photo of Jordin, who has long been active in pro-life movement, she recently sang at the Arizona Right to Life Conference. Naturally this has become a controversy, but I say, you can't argue with a talent like hers, especially when she gives glory to God with it.
Lifenews says,
"the Internet has been full of talk in recent days about a photo that appeared on Sparks' personal Myspace page with her holding a sign from National Right to Life saying Stop Abortion Now.
In fact, those gigs at pro-life rallies are credited with getting a buzz about her and catching the eye of well-known Christian singer Michael W. Smith, with whom she performed.
Her singing in contemporary Christian circles won her enough praise that she won the Gospel Music Association Spotlight Award in 2004."

2 comments:

catholicandgop said...

And she's pro-life. :)

Personally I liked Blake a little more, but Jordin winning was just as good.

Crimson Wife said...

I was aware that Jordin is Pro-Life and homeschooled but I didn't know about her abstinence pledge until now. Good for her!