Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Looking for a good Catholic college?



The entire student body of Christendom College will be Marching for Life next Tuesday January 22, as Roe v Wade has a tragic 35th anniversary. What a wonderful example they are!


I have participated in the March for Life for approximately half of it's 34 years. One thing that has struck me in recent years is the number of enthusiastic, articulate pro-lifers under 30. For years, in the 1970's the sweet middle aged ladies on the bus to DC said, "how nice it is to see a young person on the bus!"


I stopped going during my self-centered phase in the 1980's and by the time I brought my daughters in the mid nineties, a tremendous change had taken place. I, in my thirties, was one of the older marchers. Thousands of college and high school kids were marching, and spending the entire night before the March in the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception before the Blessed Sacrament, in prayer.

The pro-life movement isn't going away, it's growning. Most young people are more pro-life than their parents, because, as Fr. Pavone reminds us, it could have been them. They realize that Roe v Wade is personal, that they are survivors.
Here is there slogan on a t-shirt.


No comments: