Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Review of "Arms of Love" by Gabriela Velasquez

I am thankful for this book which explained to my beautiful daughter how we want her to go about seeking a husband; courtship.
Leticia
When my mom first handed me the book, " Arms of Love" , I said to my self, "oh no, here is another one of those tedious books that she makes me read, it's probably going to put me to sleep". When I started to read it, however, it began to grow on me, and the next thing I knew, I couldn't put it down. "Arms of Love" is one of the best books I have ever read! It totally changed my perspective on courtship. I had thought my parents still lived in the middle ages because they homeschool and don't allow dating until 18, but now I see why they have chosen that path for my sisters and I.

The story is about a 22 year old girl, Joanie Collins, that comes from a large homeschooling family in Saskatchewan,Canada. As she starts her new job for a local broadcasting station, there is this worldly guy, Brandon, who is attracted to her. Joanie invites him to choir practice at her church, and Brandon meets the Collins family. At first, he thinks of them as odd, but he eventually falls in love with them. He asks Joanies's father for permisson to date her. Her father says no, instead he may court her. This is totally new to Brandon, but he takes a chance, and he makes big changes in his life.

You can find out the rest on your own by reading this wonderful and inspiring book.

I spoke with the author, Carmen Marcoux by phone, and she's just as sweet as she seems in her photo here.

She said to look for the sequel, which she has just finished. We'll post information on it when it becomes avaiable.
Leticia

No comments: