Monday, October 16, 2006

Feast of St. Margaret Mary

Today we celebrate the saint whose visions of the Sacred Heart of Jesus gave us what was once centerpiece of a good Catholic home, devotion to the image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
The promises which Our Lord made to St. Margaret Mary for those who venerate the Sacred Heart are very powerful and include:
1.I will give them all the graces Necessary for their state in life. 2.I will console them in all their troubles. 3.Tepid souls shall become fervent. 4.Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection 5.Sinners shall find in My Heart the sours and infinite ocean of mercy. 6.I will bless the homes in which the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and honored.

This devotion is very powerful in my own life. I remember when I was expecting Isabella, and asked Jesus to send me a special image of His Sacred Heart for my family altar. My aunt was entering a nursing home, and I inherited a beautiful statue of the Sacred Heart, complete with feet worn down by the caresses of a prayerful Italian mother. I treasure this statue now enshrined on my family altar (see previous post).

No comments: