Thursday, October 12, 2006

My visit with the incorrupt heart of St. John Marie Vianney Part I

Yesterday was an incredible day, in the best sense, because after the talk of Dr. King, many of the Catholics in the audience headed straight down to view the heart of St. John Vianney in Merrick. We found a line down the block, and a barrage of news cameras.
I was interviewed by the Catholic media company, Grassroots films, based in Brooklyn.They produced my all-time favorite info-mercial on the priesthood, entitled "Fisher of Men", which the USCCB sends to those men who inquire about the priesthood.The young men asked my why I felt the heart of St. John was of special signifigance, and I said that it was because his heart was so given over to Jesus, and that I hoped this love would be contagious, and set fire to my own heart.

No comments: