Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Fox News to air abortion documentary

The show explores the abortion issue through the eyes of three women confronting what is undoubtedly the hardest decision they've ever made," Fox News says in a preview about the program.
It will feature Kayla, a 20-year-old pregnant student deciding whether to have an abortion; Jeanne, a 30-year-old mother of five who is struggling with drug addiction; and 26-year-old Brooke who has tried desperately to conceive.
Fox News also says the program "also shows an abortion procedure."

The Life News article sounds fearful that the entire truth of abortion may not be shown, but Fox tends to be the network which shrinks least from showing the truth. I say least, because, when Matt Drudge wanted to show this picture, Fox threatened to fire him if he did, and were true to their word.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't really watch tv anymore, let alone Fox, but no, I'm not expecting great things of this piece.

A peripheral concern of mine is that they are exploiting women, at least one of which has a history of making bad decisions, another probably in the midst of traumatic stress upon learning her baby has a fatal syndrome, etc. etc. KWIM?

Even with their consent, I don't think Fox should take any pride in making these women poster girls for abortion.

Poor judgments all around, in my opinion.

The only thing that shocked me was that ED Hill is involved and not, oh, Susan Estrich or that other blonde lawyer who foams at the mouth when the issue of abortion legislation comes up . . .

I'd like to see them do a documetary of women 10 and 15 yrs out, when they've had time to process what's happened, that their baby is gone, etc. That would be a worthwhile piece.

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

I guess I'll have to see it and then comment later! Do you know what program this will be featured on, and the date?

Anonymous said...

Actually, Matt Drudge quit when Fox said he couldn't show a particular fetus picture.

I don't have TV anymore-oh, well...

What does it mean that they will show an abortion procedure? That's like showing an execution (excuse me, it is an execution!)-creepy! I don't suppose they'll be showing what happens to the baby. I recall being shown a pro-abortion film in high school (public) in which an actual abortion was shown. The girl was moaning in pain during the act-this image has been forever seared into my memory-the film justified the abortion but at least it wasn't shown in a completely sterile manner. I was disturbed by seeing this at the time because I was pro-life-your tax dollars at work!