To all the CINO Catholic in Name Only Congressmen who send this letter to Pope Benedict telling him how to do his God-given job, mind your own business.
Here's the letter:
January 29, 2009
His Holiness, Pope Benedict XVI Apostolic Palace 00120, Vatican City State, Europe
Your Holiness Pope Benedict XVI,
As Catholic Members of Congress, we are writing to express our deep concerns with your decision to reinstate Bishop Richard Williamson to communion with the Catholic Church at the same time that Bishop Williamson publicly denies that the Holocaust occurred or that such was the policy under Adolf Hitler. We do not question your reasons for revoking the excommunication of Bishop Williamson or your right to do so, but we fail to understand why the revocation was not accompanied by an emphatic public rejection of his denial of the Holocaust. As such, we seek clarification on this important matter.
Bishop Williamson has said as recently as this past November that, “historical evidence is hugely against 6 million Jews having been deliberately gassed in gas chambers as a deliberate policy by Adolf Hitler.” Yet, the Holocaust is a verifiable fact and as people of good will would agree, one of the darkest chapters in our history as a human family. There are still thousands of people amongst us – Jews and non-Jews – who can attest through eye-witness accounts to the horrors of the Holocaust. Bishop Williamson’s comments regarding the Holocaust echo those of neo-Nazis, Islamist extremists, racists and others who choose hatred and violence over peaceful co-existence among peoples of all races and ethnicities.
We understand that Vatican spokesman Fr. Federico Lombardi has said that this issue is unrelated to the reinstatement of Bishop Williamson and that you do not share in his views. And we welcome your recent statement expressing "full and indisputable solidarity" with the Jewish people. But this is too sensitive an issue to be handled without a direct repudiation of Bishop Williamson’s views. As a spiritual leader and the head of the Catholic Church, we believe it is vital that you publicly state your unequivocal position on this matter so that it is clear where the Church stands on one of the most consequential events of the 20th century. To neglect to do so is to allow others to portray it as they wish and impede the progress made over so many years toward harmony and reconciliation.
Thank you for your consideration. Respectfully,
ROSA L. DeLAURO, WILLIAM DELAHUNT, ANNA ESHOO, JAMES L. OBERSTAR , BART STUPAK, BILL PASCRELL, CHRISTOPHER P. CARNEY, GERALD E. CONNOLLY, MAURICE D. HINCHEY, JIM COSTA, PHIL HARE, JOSEPH CROWLEY, PETER DEFAZIO PATRICK J. KENNEDY, DENNIS J. KUCINICH, JAMES P. MORAN, WM. LACY CLAY RICHARD E. NEAL, ALBIO SIRES, PETER WELCH , TIM RYAN, TOM PERRIELLO , LINDA SÁNCHEZ, LUIS V. GUTIERREZ , CAROL SHEA-PORTER, MICHAEL F. DOYLE, DENNIS A. CARDOZA, JOHN LARSON XAVIER BECERRA, GEORGE MILLER , FRANK PALLONE BETTY McCOLLUM, JAMES A. McGOVERN, JACKIE SPEIER, CAROLYN McCARTHY EDWARD J. MARKEY, NYDIA VELAZQUEZ, STEPHEN F. LYNCH, JOSE E. SERRAMO SILVESTRE REYES, RAUL GRIJALVA, JOE BACA, BRIAN HIGGINS, MIKE THOMPSON
JERRY F. COSTELLO, DIANE WATSON, JOHN A BOCCIERI
Catholic Congressmen: your business is to
1. Keep contraceptives OUT of the bailout package. How many of you voted with the Republicans to do this?
2. Support Rep Chris Smith's efforts to keep the Mexico City Policy so our precious tax dollars won't go to horrendous abortion programs overseas (like the coercive abortions in China's one-child policy) Here is a list of the other Catholic Democrats who voted not to restore the Mexico City Policy: Gillibrand (NY); Reed (RI); Leahy (VT); Cantwell (WA); Menendez (NJ); Murray (WV); Begich (AL); Dodd (CT); Landrieu (LA); Harkin (IA); Kerry (MA); McCaskill (MO); Mikulski (MD); Durbin (IL) and Kaufman (DE).
Here is a list of the total contributions from the abotion lobby made to the senators who voted against the bill to restore the Mexico City Policy.
Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO), who assumed office only in January 2007, has accepted $986,619 from the pro-abortion lobby. (Source: Inside Catholic.com)
Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) has received $205,768
“Pro-life" Sen. Bob Casey Jr. (D-PA), $327,914.
Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA), $1,043,301
Sen. Jack Reed (D-RI), $17,400
Sen. Maria Cantwell (D-WA), $303,014
Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ), $44,585
Sen. Christopher Dodd (CT), $31,235
Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA), $326,996
Sen. Tom Harkin (D-IA), $191,057
Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-MD), $367,491
Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL), $77,216
Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), $24,435
Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME), $244,36
3. De-fund the world's biggest abortion profiteer, Planned Parenthood. I didn't hear Obama complaining about the millions in profit which this mega business brings in. With 30% of it's revenue coming from the taxpayers. And thousand of lives ended and women wounded.
4. Pass a Constitutional Amendment stating that unborn babies are persons deserving civil rights. You did it for blacks and women, now let's finish this injustice in America. This will automatically make abortion the civil rights violation that it is.
5. Pass a Constitutional Amendment stating that marriage is between one man and one woman. Another no-brainer,you should remember from your catechism.
6.Ban pornography from the internet where it destroys families.
7. Enforce FCC decency standards on TV and Radio.
8. Let children have vouchers to escape failing public schools and attend the private schools of their parent's choice, like the Obama children do.
9. Stop no-fault divorce from ruining marriages in this nation
10. Or to sum up, just start voting as if you were Catholics in a state of grace instead of in mortal sin which endangers your immortal salvation. You are dancing on a tightrope over the yawning pit of Hell the way you vote, and talk, and live. You cause scandal when you receive the Most Holy Eucharist unworthily, yes Senator Biden, Rep Nancy Pelosi, and Tim Bishop. You confuse the faithful and eat and drink your own damnation.(paraphrase of St Paul) You are in no position to preach at the Holy Father. You are only lucky he is a loving and gentle Holy Father and doesn't give you the public dressing down that you are so richly deserve! He's trusting his bishops in the US to do that. Ahem. . .
Now, when you have accomplished these vital tasks, putting the Culture of Death at bay, you may have the right to tell the Holy Father how to handle irascible old Bishop Williamson. I'm sure that Pope Benedict has dealt with Holocaust deniers before. After all, he is German.
After all, he met with all of you last April, the Catholic legislators who are in denial about the Holocaust under their own noses, the over one million and a half babies murdered in the womb in America each year.
Maybe the Holy Father can sit you down, with Bishop Williamson and watch two films. "Holocaust" and "Dura Realidad" (The Hard Truth). As Lila Rose of Live Action Films says, each time civil rights have been violated, it took graphic images of torture and death to wake up the public.
Catholic Congressmen and Bishop Williamson both need to wake up to injustices.