Friday, November 20, 2009

Comparison of New Missal and the one we use now

The new translation has more dignified language. I like it, but it will take me a long time to learn those new creeds and the Gloria.
Also I am confused:
I remember saying this when I was a First Holy Communicant in 1969. " Lord, I am not worthy



that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

Can someone out there tell me, was there an English translation similar to this new version, in the 1970's which was replaced by the one in use now?

Also, the response "and with your spirit" resembles the Spanish "Y con tu espiritu". Is the English language Missal the only one undergoing a revision?
Read the information on the USCCB website.

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Joshua Facemyer said...

You are remembering the (sadly forgotten) 65 missal, in effect from 65-70.