Thursday, August 30, 2012

Santorum: you can be inclusive while you support abortion

In August 2000 I was an uninvited protester at a rally for Hillary Clinton in her New York State Senatorial campaign. This was not open to the public, and no questions were taken from the assembled crowd of 200. I stood with my young daughters who didn't understand why, in a public waterfront park in my hometown of Northport, Long Island, the swings were behind barriers. I held a home made felt banner our family made at Catholic Familyland that summer, which read, "Our Lady of Long Island, pray for us" in which an image of Our Lady stood over the map of Long Island, her arms outstretched in prayer. I was not allowed past the barriers, but when I unrolled the banner, Hillary missed a beat while reading her laminated speech, as it caught her eye.That is why I was there, to be a fly in the ointment, to let her know that she might use New York as a stepping stone to a career in politics, but that her stand on abortion was abhorrent to Catholics, no matter where they live.
 Soon I had two big Secret Service guards assigned to me. Somehow, a supporter of Catholic devotion to Our Lady was seen as a threat. I joked with the guards about being a peaceful pro-lifer and they made it plain it wasn't personal, just orders. They even moved the barriers to let the uninvited attendees get a bit nearer to the podium and promised me I'd be next to Hillary as she approached the van she would be leaving in.
I listened as she described how pro-child she was, and got my Irish up. By the time she was done autographing and shaking hands, and began to walk past me sideways to avoid eye contact, I was losing it. "You can't be pro-child and pro-abortion, Hillary!" I shouted. "Do you hear me?" Then I remembered my liberal brother, who had been invited to the rally, and told me about it but who had begged me not to get myself arrested before his wedding that week, so I kept quiet and merely planted my banner outside the van window for Hillary to see. The rank hypocrisy of saying you are pro-child while you support every kind of abortion at any stage in pregnancy and that you support programs of pre-natal testing which focus on locating and killing disabled infants has taken over the Democratic party.
Rick Santorum is expressing the same outrage when he points out that the Obamacare payment for pre-natal testing is a means of making sure that disabled infants who are aborted at a tragic rate between 75-92%, a means to insure that they won't survive to reap the many benefits which Democrats have set up in the health care and educational systems.

“I love how the left and this president talk about inclusion as they advocate the discarding and destruction of over one million children every year,” Santorum said. “Some inclusion.”
“One of the things that you don’t know about ObamaCare in one of the mandates is they require free prenatal testing,” he said. “Why? Because free prenatal testing ends up in more abortions and, therefore, less care that has to be done, because we cull the ranks of the disabled in our society. That too is part of ObamaCare — another hidden message as to what president Obama thinks of those who are less able than the elites who want to govern our country.”
 Its more than a scam, its a lethal hypocrisy. And its time to end it. 

Listen to a clip of the speech regarding the Democrat hypocrisy on abortion.
Bookmark and Share

No comments: