Tuesday, August 26, 2008

For those of you who admired Chinese society during the Olympics

Yes, Obama, I mean you! A Chinese bishop was detained just before the end of the Olympics. I suppose he posed a threat to the organized, unified image of Chinese society so admired by our gullible Presidential Candidate. Bet this won't be on his radar.
Security agents detained an elderly bishop of an underground Catholic church in northern China hours before the closing of the Olympic Games, a U.S.-based group said Monday.
Bishop Julius Jia Zhiguo, 73, of Zhengding, a city in northern Hebei province, was taken by six government officials from his cathedral on Sunday morning, the Cardinal Kung Foundation said in a statement.
Read the entire story here.
HT NOR

1 comment:

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

Admired? The whole time I watched the Olympics with my kids I couldn't stop thinking about how much those Chinese competitors had had to sacrifice for their country - and they (the gymnastics team, at least, and possibly diving) still had to cheat to win. The opening ceremony scared my kids.