Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Prayer Intention: Will Society of St. Pius X be reunited with Rome?

The Italian daily Il Giornale reports that Pope Benedict XVI (bio - news) has approved an offer to the Society of St. Pius X (SSPX) that could heal the breach between the Holy See and the traditionalist group.
The Vatican’s offer requires a response from the SSPX by June 28, Il Giornale says. The offer was apparently explained by Cardinal Dario Castrillon Hoyos (
bio - news), the president of the Ecclesia Dei Commission, during a recent meeting with Bishop Bernard Fellay, the superior general of the SSPX.
As one commenter mentioned, this will require great prayer. I attended a Mass at my local SSPX chapel as I do about once a year, and the pastor was railing against any recognition of Vatican II or the Novus Ordo Mass. He was siding with Bishop Williamson who is the hardliner against reconciliation, and those Catholics, who, like me, and the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter, who love the Traditional Mass but stay loyal to Rome. I see a split happening in the SSPX if we don't cover this in prayer for the next three days. What a shame that would be!
I am attending a Latin High Mass at 11AM this Saturday at St Matthew's Church in Dix Hills, Long Island, NY . My daughter's schola will be singing, and I invite all my readers in the area to join us and pray that we receive good news that day about the reconciliation with our brethren in the SSPX.
Read entire story here.
HT NOR

No comments: