Monday, March 03, 2008

For those who aren't concerned about that homeschool family

from my friend NY Mom who blogs over at Catholics for Huckabee:
I just came across this poem, written at the time of the Holocaust. I thought it so appropriate for the times we are living in, given the complete apathy of many Catholics and conservative minded people to the dangers rapidly approaching the family, especially that of the homeschool family:

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;I was not a communist.
When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;I was not a social democrat.
When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;I was not a trade unionist.
When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

I think the parallels are clear.

No comments: