Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I made a big mistake


By missing an opportunity to hear a modern day CS Lewis give a talk in my local Catholic College last Thursday. Dr. Peter Kreeft, philosopher, cultural commentator, and author of so many of my favorite books;
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Heaven But Never Dreamed of Asking

The Refutation of Moral Relativism

Yes or No?

The Snakebite Letters (an updating of Lewis' "The Screwtape Letters")

I have a good excuse, I was planning an out of state trip to meet Dr. John Seel, Outreach Director of Walden Media the next day. While preparing for the meeting, I happened upon Dr. Kreeft's website, and reminded myself that I missed his talk.

Deep regret gripped my heart as I jumped into my car, sped over to the college, and found some friends who promised to put together their notes for the blog. I'm waiting. . . Meanwhile, here's the Long Island Catholic story on the talk.
Christopher West is speaking on Long Island tonight on the Theology of the Body. That, I'm NOT going to miss!


1 comment:

EC Gefroh said...

Leticia, it pained me to read this post. Sorry you missed him speak. Maybe you will have another chance.