Thursday, March 01, 2007

The Discovery of the Tomb of Jesus is a Fraud

"The Discovery Channel, like most of the national TV elite, display a dramatic bias in target selection when it comes to religion. There are no controversies over the historical claims of Islam, Judaism, or any other religious faith. But Christianity is another story. It is routinely the subject of sensationalistic TV exposes, complete with breathless claims about how Jesus “might be” the son of a Roman soldier, or he might have survived the Crucifixion. And now he’s a dad, with kids.
What’s worse is that these shoddy alleged exposes always air in the most sacred Christian seasons, like Lent. Last year during Lent, on April 2, 2006, “Dateline NBC” offered part of its show to alleged Jesus-debunker Michael Baigent, even as reporter Sara James declared: “Baigent acknowledges there’s no proof of his theory, but points out that it was possible to survive crucifixion.”
If the Discovery Channel fails to cancel this slanderous ‘documentary,’ it will have to explain why it is intentionally misleading the public. This network should be embarrassed by this plunge into sensational speculation masquerading as ‘science.’ To slander Christianity at the start of the Lenten season is unconscionable. This isn’t news. It’s sensationalism on a stick. Or in this case, on a cross."

Brent Bozell
Media Research Center
If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If for this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are of all men most to be pitied.
I Corinthians15:17-19
Here is an article about the discovery of the tomb on Holy Spirit Interactive.
Click on this link to voice your outrage to the Discovery Channel.

5 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I contacted the Discovery Channel about this subject. I wonder if I will receive any kind of response.
Thanks for Bozell's quote--he sums it up well.

Leticia said...

Barb, good for you, I'll include a link for all of us to contact Discovery Channel.
A Spiritual Act of Mercy for Lent: admonishing the sinner, or instructing the ignorant, whichever it may be.

eve said...

I don't know, I just never got really upset about this. I didn't look at it as an attack on Christianity. I just thought that these men are bringing a discovery to our attention. I didn't see anything wrong with that, although I haven't seen the documentary itself yet. As I have said before, I am Catholic because I believe in the Truth not because I am afraid of it. I am pleased to hear the experts reject this claim and I look forward to seeing that spread.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Thanks for the link. It took me 5 minutes of poking around the website to get to a place where I could write.
They did respond: all I got was a canned message about how great this documentary is and when I can watch it. It was not germane to my email in any way. No surprise.

Anonymous said...

This too shall pass.