Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Christina's Therapy Sessions are Improving!

For the first three years, Christina received Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy, as well as Special Ed services in our home. Last year, I reluctantly tried sending her to a local special needs pre-school because she was growing impatient with her therapists, and sent them packing. She gave me no resistance, had a lovely teacher,and had school for only 2 1/2 hours a day, but, as all moms know, putting a child, especially a non-verbal child, on the bus was terribly difficult.

I decided to homeschool Christina for this last year of pre-school, and again felt peace of heart. The same types of therapists come, and at first she ran away from them, and my heart sank. I spoke with them, giving them clues to capturing her interest, and they listened. Now, she dives into their bags, works hard the entire session, and is upset when they leave. She even came up with a new sentence today, "I want to color".
Thank you, Lord.

No comments: