I've recently recieved an HONEST SCRAP blogger award. Thank you +JMJ+ at Totus Tuus Family Homeschool. Not only is she a true follower, she keeps me writing, by her faithful and positive comments, she inspires me to keep on blogging.
Now...to keep this award, I must do the following:
1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2) Share "ten honest things" about myself. (that's usually fodder for the other blog, Cause of Our Joy, but I was given the award here)
3) Present this award to 4 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4) Tell those 4 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving it.
Ten honest things about myself.
1.) I hate my hair! Ever since the last baby, it's been thinning and getting impossibly fine and curly when straight hair is in. Like my unruly will which I try to tame into a humble and obedient one, my hair has a mind of it's own.
2.) We don't ever get through dinner in my house without someone mentioning poop. And we don't have any boys to blame!
3.) I have been fighting the battle of the bulge since 8th grade with limited success. We go walking every night as a family, dogs and all, to get in shape, yet the scale is mighty stubborn these days.
4.) I am a perfectionist and procrastinator, a deadly combination for a writer. You may have noticed that this doesn't apply to blogging, however, I'd rather clean the toilet than work on an article that's due next week. I don't get on it until the deadline is looming in three days. Don't tell Sue at Canticle (like she'd be surprised).
5.) There are two movie stars that make me all silly; Eduardo Verastegui and Jim Caviezel. Sorry, Mel, your recent behavior helped me get over you!
6.) Did I mention my chocolate cravings? (Sort of explains number 3, doesn't it?)
7.) I can't turn down a stray animal. We had ten cats for a summer (they were the outdoor kind) and two dogs. We're down to a manageable three cats and two dogs now.
8.) I have WAY too many books and stuff, to the point that you would call my house cluttered. I once had a plaque which said, "Brilliant minds are seldom tidy" but I can't find it! To solve this, I am making frequent donations to my parish rummage sale this summer. It feels great!
9.) I love Jesus Christ and His Blessed Mother with an outgoing passion, and often get in trouble, for not being quiet about my faith when it makes others uncomfortable. I am like Blanche in "New in Town" who keeps bringing up His holy name in ordinary conversation. It can cause people to cross the street when they see you!
10.) Ditto for my prolife activism, but if you've read my blog, you already know that!
Now, I nominate the following honest bloggers:
1. Elizabeth at The Divine Gift of Motherhood who suggested that we bloggers post stories of our mistakes and disasters. This post is as close as I"ve come to participating, Elizabeth!
2. Jean at Catholic Fire, who never flinches from telling the truth to power.
3. Patrice Fagnant McArthur at Spiritual Woman Thoughts who offers us refreshing honesty about spritual life.
4. Heidi at Mommy Monsters Inc., who so eloquently shares her parenting struggles, it's in her blog title.