Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Huckabee supports constitutional ban on abortions

I have become one of those people who regularlyget polled. I guess it's because I'm a blogger and I'm on practically every email list for social conservatives, and have regularly answered polls for Zogby (in fact they asked me to interview for a job, but it's up in Utica, NY at least 8 hours from LI).
SO, yesterday, I was happy to answer a pointed Republican poll (do they know I'm a registered Conservative?) on who can win the presidency, who is my favorite on social issues, education, gun control, taxes, immirgration and the war on terror. There was a separate question on abortion.
When I answered who I wanted for president, I said Mike Huckabee. Here's why.
"I've always supported the passage of a constitutional amendment to protect the right to life," Huckabee, the former Arkansas governor, said. "As President, I will fight for passage of a human life amendment."
"My position on the sanctity of life has always been clear and consistent," Huckabee added. "No candidate has a stronger record on the sanctity of life than I do."

Do you think the Republican Party is finally getting the message from the pro-life camp? Let's keep telling them till they do. The election is one year from today.

1 comment:

Jean Heimann said...

He is the opposite of Thompson who doesn't support them and is not a true pro-life candidate.