Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tuscon v Ft Hood: why the disparity?

I have a little girl named Christina who is six months older than the one who was shot in Tuscon. Believe me, I grieve for her loss and that of the other innocent victims, and like the rest of America, I pray for Rep Gabrielle Giffords full recovery. FULL RECOVERY. You see, she had one serious impairment before she was shot. She did not value human life in the womb. I hope and pray that this brush with death has taught her to love life ALL life. Then she will be truly healed in body and soul. Only God can to this, and I am praying for her.

Our president sounded very good tonight, very compassionate to the victims and above the fray politically. He had moving words to say about heroes and victims and national healing. He was not finger pointing, as his friends on the left were proud to point out. And compare him to Sarah Palin, who somehow, had the entire weight of this tragedy laid on her shoulders by the left. But Obama left the name calling to his minions, and looked very presidential today, and had the crowd in the palm of his hand. No doubt his failing ratings soared today, as they were meant to.
 This is his moment to step away from the partisanship which marked his first two years in office, when he would tout, like an adolescent, I WON! Now he's a grown up. Hmmm this awakens my cynical side.

I couldn't help feeling resentful about Ft Hood, which also occurred on his watch. What did Obama do for those victims? It was former President Bush who visited the victims. Obama kept to his schedule, sounding lighthearted and ininvolved according to Robert George

Anyone at home aware of the major news story of the previous hours had to have been stunned. An incident like this requires a scrapping of the early light banter. The president should apologize for the tone of his remarks, explain what has happened, express sympathy for those slain and appeal for calm and patience until all the facts are in. That's the least that should occur. 
I noticed a completely different tone in Obama's speech tonight. And I can't help suspecting that he's using these victims to win re-election and avoid a dismantling of his agenda. 
Don't fall for it!
Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/politics/A-Disconnected-President.html#ixzz1AtgFxUsb

.




Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Mike in CT said...

Hey Leticia,
Sorry to be commenting here (great post as always btw!) but...I was wondering if you knew whether or not there was a March for Life in Hartford this year or not? I can't find anything about it, but Mike and I can't make it to the one in DC so we're trying to go more local? Let me know??

Thanks!!! (and this is Patty btw;)