Friday, August 07, 2009

Fr Mitch Pacwa and Obama; both students of Saul Alinsky?

"I recognize the community organizer approach that Townsend commends in this piece. I learned Sol Alinsky style of community organizing as a novice in Chicago when President Obama was a little boy living in Jakarta, Indonesia. Mr. Tom Gaudette, an associate of Sol Alinsky, trained a number of us Jesuits. I was the youngest man in the group, and I was certainly not well developed in the practice of organizing, but I tried my best in COUP - the acronym for Community of United People - on Chicago's near West Side."
Here is where Obama and the Catholic Church have their meeting place; helping the poor. Here is where they separate; lack of respect for human sexuality and human life.

Read Alinsky's Rules for Radicals here. Read Kathleen Kennedy Townsend's Newsweek article.

Read the entire story on the Ignatius Insight Blog.
Bookmark and Share

No comments: