Thursday, December 27, 2007

Tony Blair swims the Tiber!

I just love how the author of this article lists Mr. Blair's sins for him, and gets so many wrong, by Church teaching though she is a Catholic. Ihope Mr. Blair found profound peace in confessing his sins and receiving absolution and Holy Communion with his family.
I found it incredible that there are more Catholics at Mass each Sunday in the UK than Anglicans at their services. It just proves how attractive is the fullnes of Truth.
Welcome home to Rome, Tony!
We are a hospital for sinners, not a hotel for saints, as you must already know. I am grateful this didn't keep you away from Holy Mother Church.

2 comments:

Fr. Larry Gearhart said...

I hate to be a wet blanket about Catholicism in Britain, but out of 4.2 million catholics, only 861,000 attended Mass last year (2006). See "Britain has become a 'Catholic country'."

This compares with 852,000 attending Anglican services out of over 25 million self-declared Anglicans. Add to this that the population of Britain is over 57 million, and you get a clearer picture of the lack of religious identity in Britain. The message I get is that the fullness of truth has very little appeal to the British, in general.

Anonymous said...

Being a convert myself, I am very excited for Mr. Blair. Welcome home Tony!!!