Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Please support Austin Ruse's fundraiser for Down syndrome

Austin Ruse does not have a child with Down syndrome, but he works for CFAM representing Catholic family values at the United Nations. He does have a  heart for our kids.

Dear Friend,

In a little more than 72 hours I am going to ride 80 kilometers on my bike to help children with Down Syndrome. 

The charity I am riding for is called Best Buddies, which trains young people to make friends with children and adults who have Down Syndrome and other developmental disabilities. The idea is to make their lives better. 

Helping people with Down Syndrome is among the most pro-life things anyone can do. Why? Because more than 80% of unborn children diagnosed with Down Syndrome are abortion because of it!

I make this personal appeal to you because my organization (C-FAM) fully backs Best Buddies and its mission. I have formed a cycling team and four of us are making this ride. 

There is an additional reason I ask for your help with only a few days remaining before the ride. 

There is a competition to see who can raise the most money. Out for more than 2,000 people, including corporate chieftains, I have become the number one fundraiser! But my grasp is tenuous at best because the guy right behind me is a very wealthy banker and I suspect he is planning to crush me in the final days. I ask your help so this will not happen. 

Why is this important? Because my team adn I are riding as pro-lifers! As far as I know, we are the only pro-life team riding! We named our team after that great pro-life hero, Jerome Lejeune, the French geneticist who was the one who discovered the genetic markers for Down Syndrome!

Would you help us win this race? Go to www.dcchallenge2012.org/ruse and give as much as you can. Truly any amount will help! 

But, since I am going up against this rich Silicone Valley banker, I am going to need some big donations. So, if you have been so blessed materially, would you consider a $1000 donation? Or $500? Or $200? 

Please go to www.dcchallenge2012.org/ruse and help this amazing pro-life cause. 

Would you also send this note to your friends and family? 

Many thanks for your kind consideration! 
Bookmark and Share

No comments: